Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beautiful

What have you gained from your yoga experience? was the question at the beginning of class the answers were pretty cool: I understand my big toe, my heart can shine out, muscle energy, I am good, and as the class went on, one of the songs that I played today was Beautiful by Christina Aguilera and the girls sang, and I mean sang this song where the words poured over the room and the meaning to these girls was like a firehose shooting into the room---each girl was singing like it was her battle cry---it was totally moving! Here are the lyrics and a youtube clip which if you click on the title of the post "beautiful" you can hear the song--so when you read this you will feel the beauty and the Shakti that rang inside the Yoga Room.

Every day is so wonderful
And suddenly, i saw debris
Now and then,
I get insecure From all the pain,
I'm so ashamed
I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today
To all your friends, you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom
Trying hard to fill the emptiness
The piece is gone left the puzzle undone
That's the way it is
You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down
Don't you bring me down today...
No matter what we do (no matter what we do)
No matter what they say (no matter what they say)
When the sun is shining through
Then the clouds won't stay
And everywhere we go (everywhere we go)
The sun won't always shine (sun won't always shine)
But tomorrow will find a way
All the other times 'cause we are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down,
oh no
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring us down
Don't you bring me down today
Don't you bring me down today
Don't you bring me down today

No comments:

Namaste